The Henn Mansion is an air conditioned, handicapped accessible, smoke free venue. We can accommodate a maximum of 80 guests including children and members of a bridal party. To ensure events function smoothly, please review this FAQ and the Event Planning Guide.
Planning Your Event
- What types of events can be held at Henn Mansion?
Henn Mansion can host the following: wedding ceremonies and/or receptions, graduations, birthdays, anniversaries, showers, business gatherings, fundraisers, and funeral receptions.
- Is Wi-Fi available?
Yes. Please contact your hostess for the password.
- Can I rent the Henn Mansion for a photo shoot?
Yes. The minimum rental time is four hours at the applicable rate.
- What does my rental period include?
– Receiving deliveries such as catering, cakes and decorations
– Setting up and decorating time
– Hosting your event
– Cleaning up
- May I come before my contracted time?
No. Doors will not be open until the start of your contracted time. Please advise your vendors accordingly so they may set up and tear-down on time.
- What does my rental of the Henn Mansion include?
Your rental includes the entire first floor and terrace, indoor tables and chairs. The balcony and second floor may only be used for weddings.
- May I set up a tent on the terrace?
You may NOT use a tent or canopy on the Henn Mansion property.
- May I set up a tent or use the pavilion in Sims Park?
Please contact the Mayor’s Assistant, City of Euclid, at 216.289.8268 for information about park usage and requirements.
- May I post signs in Sims Park to direct guests to my event?
Signs and balloons are permitted at the entrance of Sims Park, but must be removed at the end of the event.
- May we take chairs and tables outside?
No. Indoor furniture may not be taken outdoors. The Henn has patio furniture for rent at an additional fee. Arrangements should to be made at the time your contract is signed. Furniture or large equipment rental (including inflatables) from any other vendor is prohibited.
- Where can the DJ/Band set up?
The bay window of the dining room is the best place for your music provider. Dancing is allowed in the dining room only. Music should not be heard more than 100 feet from the Mansion.
Serving Food and Beverages
Setting Up / Cleaning Up
- I want to decorate the inside of the Henn. Is this permitted?
Hanging decorations are limited to the small hooks above the doorways. Nothing may be hung from light fixtures or affixed in any manner to interior or exterior walls. Glitter, birdseed, sand, bubbles, and confetti are prohibited. Live flower petal may be used. Votive candles may be used but must be enclosed in glass containers.
- What am I responsible for cleaning at the end of my event?
You are responsible for removing all trash from the building and placing it in the dumpsters located in the far corner of the east parking lot. Tables and chairs must be returned to their original positions, spills on all surfaces must be wiped up, floors swept, and kitchen appliances cleaned and left empty. It is helpful if you choose the people who will be doing clean up duty before the start of your event.
Planning Your Wedding
- When may I rehearse for my wedding?
You have two options for your rehearsal:
• as part of your rental, or
• Monday, Tuesday or Thursday for a minimum of 2 hours at the posted rate, if the time is available.
Rehearsals may not be done during Wednesday open house.
- When may I set up for my wedding?
If you wish to set up for your wedding at a time that is not part of your main rental period, arrangements must be made with the Rental Coordinator. Additional rental fees will apply.
- Where can the bride and groom prepare?
Our second floor has both a Bride’s Room and a Groom’s Room for use by the wedding party only.
- May the balcony and staircase be used?
Yes, but only for your grand entrance, very small wedding ceremonies, and photography. Otherwise, the balcony and second floor may not be used during your rental.